Mumbai has one of the world's largest collection of Art Deco buildings. Our initiative is to showcase, document and research Mumbai's UNESCO inscribed collection and their unique architecture. We advocate its conservation. Our work environment is relaxed and full of exciting initiatives. It is also demanding, rigorous with clear deliverables by each team member. All our positions require you to be a team player with excellent work ethic and strong writing and speaking skills. We are self funded and Not for Profit. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Art Deco Mumbai Trust is offering internships to students of Architecture.
Interns will acquire a comprehensive understanding and appreciation of Art Deco architecture and its significance within the urban landscape, conservation of modern living heritage and research methodologies under the guidance of a COA registered architect.
- Students of 4th & 5th year B. Arch.
- Good AutoCAD and Photoshop skills
- Experience in mapping & documentation of structures
- Academic interest in exploring and understanding modern heritage
- Research and field survey of Art Deco buildings in identified neighbourhoods
- Identify character defining features, photo-document and research the buildings using primary and secondary sources
- Compilation of documentation panels
- Measured drawings of architectural details
- Oral history of local residents
- Assist with events and outreach activities
Positions are based in Mumbai, and will be for a duration of 2 to 4 months, with a stipend.
Please email your resume and portfolio with relevant work to email@example.com with Architectural Internship 2023 in the subject line. All attachments not to exceed 2 MB.
You will assist the team in key administrative tasks and ensure efficiency in the functioning of the organisation
- Coordinate internal calendars, schedule meetings, prepare agendas and circulate meeting minutes.
- Monitor on-going project timelines and keep spreadsheets up to date.
- Manage our merchandise inventory, including the logistics of printing, packaging, distribution, sales and billing.
- Schedule and coordinate guided tours and respond to tour enquiries.
- Organise and maintain the filing system and storage of physical documents.
Person applying must have
- An Undergraduate Degree (B.Com preferred)
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, work collaboratively and meet deadlines
- An interest in Mumbai’s urban heritage will help
This is a full time position based in Mumbai, starting immediately.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Admin Assistant 2023 in the subject line.
All attachments not to exceed 2 MB.