Mumbai has one of the world's largest collection of Art Deco buildings. Our initiative is to showcase, document and research Mumbai's UNESCO inscribed collection and their unique architecture. We advocate its conservation. Our work environment is relaxed and full of exciting initiatives. It is also demanding, rigorous with clear deliverables by each team member. All our positions require you to be a team player with excellent work ethic and strong writing and speaking skills. We are self funded and Not for Profit. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Art Deco Mumbai Trust is offering internships to students of Architecture.
Interns will acquire a comprehensive understanding and appreciation of Art Deco architecture and its significance within the urban landscape, conservation of modern living heritage and research methodologies under the guidance of a COA registered architect.
- Students of 4th & 5th year B. Arch.
- Good AutoCAD and Photoshop skills
- Experience in mapping & documentation of structures
- Academic interest in exploring and understanding modern heritage
- Research and field survey of Art Deco buildings in identified neighbourhoods
- Identify character defining features, photo-document and research the buildings using primary and secondary sources
- Compilation of documentation panels
- Measured drawings of architectural details
- Oral history of local residents
- Assist with events and outreach activities
Positions are based in Mumbai, and will be for a duration of 2 to 4 months, with a stipend.
Please email your resume and portfolio with relevant work to firstname.lastname@example.org with Architectural Internship 2023 in the subject line. All attachments not to exceed 2 MB.
You will play a key role in the Trust’s conservation efforts which include documentation, repairs and restoration of Art Deco buildings.
- Conduct site surveys, prepare drawings, provide recommendations and coordinate with stakeholders and site management for repair and restoration projects
- Document Art Deco buildings through photography, measured drawings, and 3D mapping tools
- Contribute to the documentation initiative by surveying neighbourhoods, photo documenting buildings and compiling documentation panels
Person applying should ideally have
- A Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- Knowledge of Art Deco style of architecture especially in the context of Mumbai’s evolution as a city
- Ability to articulate & communicate ideas with strong writing skills
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Suite, AutoCAD, and Google Workspace
- Knowledge of Mumbai city structures and interest in heritage conservation, urban form and design
This is a full time position in Mumbai starting immediately.
Please email your resume to email@example.com with Graduate Associate – Conservation in the subject line. Enclose a copy of your portfolio and writing sample of minimum 1000 words. All attachments not to exceed 2 MB.
You will assist the team in key administrative tasks and ensure efficiency in the functioning of the organisation
- Coordinate internal calendars, schedule meetings, prepare agendas and circulate meeting minutes.
- Monitor on-going project timelines and keep spreadsheets up to date.
- Manage our merchandise inventory, including the logistics of printing, packaging, distribution, sales and billing.
- Schedule and coordinate guided tours and respond to tour enquiries.
- Organise and maintain the filing system and storage of physical documents.
Person applying must have
- An Undergraduate Degree (B.Com preferred)
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, work collaboratively and meet deadlines
- An interest in Mumbai’s urban heritage will help
This is a full time position based in Mumbai, starting immediately.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Admin Assistant 2023 in the subject line.
All attachments not to exceed 2 MB.
You will be responsible for researching, cataloguing, organising and managing information resources (physical and digital) in the organisation’s growing archive.
- Research history of Mumbai’s Deco, the emergence of modernity, its architects, politics, urban form and culture
- Catalogue and store digital assets in accordance with international best practices.
- Support the ADMT team with research inputs.
Person applying must have
- Some research experience in libraries, archives, bookstores and on the internet
- Ability to think creatively, work collaboratively, ideate and explore new perspectives
- Knowledge of Mumbai city structures and a keen interest in architecture & built form
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture, History, Literature, Sociology, Anthropology, Journalism, or Mass Communication
- Some experience in cataloguing and library science would be preferred
This position is based in Mumbai and starts immediately.
Salary based on qualifications and experience.
Please email your resume and a recent writing sample (Minimum 1000 words) to email@example.com with Research Associate in the subject line. All attachments not to exceed 2 MB.